I’ve always loved photography. I have to say that I’m not really good at it but I really enjoy looking at someone else’s work. In a sense, it’s very close to what I do. It’s definitely a form of art and it takes practice, dedication and a lot of creativity to deliver that perfect Kodak moment.
I’m launching the Matt LeBlanc Art Photo Competition. This is a new initiative I’m creating purely for the fun of it but also to challenge photographers to push the limits. Ever since I’ve started my art career, I’ve strived to push the boundaries and do things that have never been done before. Creativity will get you noticed. This is the type of artist I want to be. This is at the cornerstone of Matt LeBlanc Art.
The idea of this photo competition is fairly simple. I am inviting photographers to come over to my studio and choose a piece of art to use for their project. They will then have three weeks to create a shot of their choice that incorporates the piece of art. This is their chance to get very creative. They can create a studio shot or bring the art outside and find the perfect place that will become their next masterpiece. A committee has been put together to select the finalists and my fans will decide who should win this competition and get the bragging rights. The winner gets to keep his piece of art.
I've posted this blog earlier this week and I was overwhelmed by all the emails I received from professional and amateur photographers. I've decided to draw names to make this fair for everyone who didn't see the blog post right away and also create two categories. Should be a fun project ! Thank you everyone for your interest.
PARTICIPANTS - PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS
- Denis Duquette
- Paula Lirette
- Ben Ingebrigtson
- Doug Hanson
- Marc LeBLanc
- Sasha Onyshchenko
- Rachelle Richard-Leger
PARTICIPANTS - AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHERS
- Janique LeBouthillier
- Tricia Robinson
- Rachelle Steeves
- Janik Bourque
- Patrice Daigle
- Competition starts mid June. Each participant will get three weeks to create his shot after choosing the artwork from my inventory.
- A committee will choose the top entries in each category and my fans will choose the final winner.
- The top finalists will be showcased on my site, blog, newsletter and in my social media channels, which means your photo has the chance to be seen by over 10,000 people worldwide.
- The finalists will have their photo blown up and showcased at the next Matt LeBlanc FUSION this fall in front of 500 people.
- No extensive digital manipulation is allowed. This is about being creative with the camera and the environment.